Submit a Concern
For emergencies, call 911 or 734-763-1131.
If you’re experiencing a mental health emergency, you may also contact Psychiatric Emergency Services at 734-936-5900.
Our office works with students that have been referred to us by their family, friends and academic community. We encourage you to complete a Concern Report if you notice any of the follow warning signs:
- The student remains distressed following repeated attempts by you to be helpful
- The student becomes increasingly isolated, unkempt, irritable, or disconnected
- The student’s academic or social performance deteriorates
- The student’s behavior reflects an increase in hopelessness or helplessness
- You have a concern and you are not sure how to approach or support them
- You find yourself doing ongoing counseling rather than consolation or advising
If this situation involves potential sexual and gender-based misconduct or discrimination, please fill out an Equity, Civil Rights, and Title IX Office incident report form. The University strongly encourages the prompt reporting of these types of allegations. For additional information, including confidential and non-confidential resources, please visit this website.
For situations involving student conflicts or alleged violations of the student statement of responsibilities, please visit the Office of Student Conflict Resolution report form.
Submit a Concern Report
Please submit this form if you are aware of a College of Engineering student that needs additional support for a non-urgent concern. The C.A.R.E. Center will work directly with the student to provide appropriate support resources.
If the student needs immediate support or you feel is at risk, call UMPD at 911 or 763-1131.
THE STUDENT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE AWARE OR GIVE CONSENT FOR YOU TO SUBMIT YOUR CONCERN.